Why I'm Running
My name is Chris Hyser. I am running for the US Congress in 2024 to represent MD District 6 on the Republican ticket. I am just right of center from my fellow Democrats. I pride myself in active listening and having fruitful conversations with people across the aisle. Because of my diverse background and my passion to problem solve, I believe I am uniquely qualified to represent all constituents of MD, District 6 from various walks of life.
I am a retired Maryland State Trooper (MSP). After retiring from MSP, I served in Iraq and Afghanistan as a security consultant for over 9 years. I graduated from Bayan Claremont in 2020 with my Master's degree in Divinity/Islamic Chaplaincy. I currently represent the Islamic Society of Frederick within the Interfaith community and the volunteer Homelessness committee in Frederick City. My life revolves around helping my community and hopefully my service will be extended by serving the 6th District in Maryland US Congress.
Our nation has been suffering for decades due to situational design. Our current representatives are more concerned about lining their own pockets than serving the people who put them in office.
I am running for office because I feel that enough is enough. Something must be done to stop the fabric of our society from ripping further apart.
I am fighting for our L I F E --
Liberty - from heavy handed government
Integrity - to stand true to ourselves, our values and our morals
Freedom - to pursue anything we desire within a well framed society
Egalitarianism - so all may succeed
I believe that...
- We need to become innovators and manufacture locally instead of relying on China.
- We must eliminate partisan news media and bring true journalism back.
- We need to take back our schools. Focus on reading, writing, arithmetic and arts instead of indoctrinating the minds of our youth.
- Both parties need to return to the center and away from extremes.
- We need to unite all races. As United we Stand. Divided we Fall.
- We need to instill pride, integrity and God back into our lives.
- We need to focus on real issues; not those fabricated for personal gains and votes
- We need to unite as a community. One government, For the People, By the People.
- We need to take back our country and restore pride in our nation.